Course Schedule & Descriptions for the Spring

classroomI hope you are enjoying fall break! I just wanted to pass along a bit of news for those of you using your time away from classes to plan for the spring.

Registration for the spring is coming soon. (Indeed, if I have it right, seniors will begin registering one week from today). To learn more about what’s on offer in History, point your browser to http://history.voices.wooster.edu/courses/spring2012/, or click on the “Courses” tab of the History Blog.

I’ve also attached a flyer of History courses for the spring to this post. See the link here: history_schedule_spring11-12

Take a good look before registering for History courses in the spring. We include the full course titles and more or less up-to-date course descriptions. Because of software limitations, the listings on Scotweb can often be mysterious (extra credit if you can guess the full meaning of “Hist in Conf”). You’ll  see that the flyer of courses for the spring includes information on class enrollments.

You’ll notice a number of new and exciting offerings for the spring. Check out Prof. Sene’s introductory “History of Islam.” See Prof. Baumgartner’s Junior-Senior Seminar “African-American Women’s History.” Consider Prof. Holt’s studies course on modern Brazil, “Samba, Soccer & Supermodels.”

I will encourage faculty to share a few details on these new courses, whether here on the blog or over the History Listserv.

While you’re thinking about classes, I might just tell you about a course in Religious Studies that might be of interest to you. Prof. Graber is offering a seminar on “War & Religion in U.S. History.”

As always, if you have questions about History courses or registration, don’t hesitate to contact your advisor, the course instructor, or me. Happy registering! gks